21 May 2013

'Evil Dead (1981)' & 'Evil Dead II (1987)' Review

THE EVIL DEAD (1981)


So, I was ashamed to say that I had never actually seen The Evil Dead until a couple of weeks ago, and although i had always wanted to watch it, i only got around to doing it because I loved the remake so much; plus, I wanted to see which one was actually better and what all the fuss was about. And... after watching it, I can see why it's so loved, but I don't know if it'd for the good or the bad, and I'm going to be honest when I say this, i think the case with The Evil Dead, is that it's so bad, it's good! And I mean this in the best way possible.
Bitches be like, "I'll  eat Your Soul!"
never before have I watched a more ridiculous, over-the-top, shambles that is so bad when it comes to the gore, effects and scares, that it's extremely amusing. I have never watched a more unintentionally funny horror film in all my life, and it's constant continuity mistakes, cheesy dialogue and exaggerated acting make for a fun movie experience. However, I don't know what the fuss was about that the Evil Dead remake wasn't a comedy? Guys, HELLO... either was this! Raimi's original is just so god damn stupid and ridiculous that it's funny; was it intentionally funny? NO! So why the complaining that the remake wasn't either? If the effects in the remake were as bad as the ones in this then im sure you would have found it a chuckle-fest; but it wasn't, because it was done right.

I'm sorry but Evil Dead Fans... You're annoying.



EVIL DEAD II (1987)


This sequel, is one that up's the anti in every way possible. It's twice as fun, twice as gory, and twice as outrageous. Oh, and it's twice as ridiculous. Now, this is the film were you can sit with your friends and truly enjoy, whether it's at the gore, the ghouls or just because it so dumb, you can always find promise in Evil Dead 2. The characters are an improvement, and Bruce Campbell's performance is a major step-up, from the victim to the all-round bad-ass. How could you not love Ash, he has to be the coolest and (i quote) Grooviest  horror hero to date. Without sounding like an ass, This film's flaws make the experience that much better, being able to sit there and notice the blatant mistakes that are sprinkled throughout from start to finish. It makes the film funnier and ironically, better.

You Never Told me you were on Your Period!!
Again with the whole comedy aspect, and with this especially, the comedy was not intentional, like, at all. But how can you not find a laughing lamp and deer head funny? That scene has to be the funniest thing ever. I could understand why people wouldn't like this film, those who take horror too seriously, but I must say, it's my biggest guilty pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...