28 Jul 2013

Top 5 Most Anticipated Horror Movies To Come Before 2014

Here is a list of 5 horror films to bit our screens before January 2014 that I can simply not wait any longer for, expect some crowd-pleasers and dark-horses to come up in this list. Let Me Know what your Top 5 would be in the Comment box below!

Check out the List Below.



                               #5. THE CONJURING                        
Although the US have already got a feed of The Conjuring, over here in the UK, we have to wait until August 2nd to get a dose of this chilling, critically-acclaimed scare-fest from the mind behind Insidious and Dead Silence. After watching the trailer I can safely say that this will be one that will scare, and hopefully, enough to make me keep the light on at night. I'm just going to have to wait until Friday to see what all the fuss is about.

                            #4. CURSE OF CHUCKY                  
Despite not being a big fan of Chucky, and this trailer looking a little gimmicky, I think that it will be a pretty fun movie to watch. More than likely it will be crap, but it's Chucky, and who doesn't want to see him return to fashion this Halloween. Hopefully it will make for a fun little watch, and i'm sure it will, but I'll not hold my breath on it being an acceptable horror movie.

                         #3. INSIDIOUS: CHAPTER 2                
We are all aware of how scary the first Insidious was, and it was film that proved that James Wan knew exactly how to scare an audience, despite a bizarre yet laughable final act. 2013 promises a second Insidious, and due to The Conjuring from Wan and it being released earlier, I can see all of his best scares being put into that so Chapter 2 might not be that promising; however, I love a good scare and I know Chapter 2 will deliver... hopefully.

                                      #2. CARRIE                               
Remakes tend not to go down too well with audiences, but after Evil Dead being as popular as it was, I think people are starting to see that not all are bad, and Carrie, looking as intense as it does supports that theory. Being aware that the final act with be chaotic I can say that I am really looking forward to Carrie, and with such a creative and artistic director behind it, I can see it turning out to be a big success; Well, fingers crossed anyways.

                                 #1. YOU'RE NEXT                       
Words can not describe my excitement for this movie, mostly due to the fact they based it off the first 10 minutes of Scream which to me, is the best opening to a horror film ever and is one of my favourite horrors, so for the creators to be involving that amount of wit and style can only mean good. Wowing audiences, You're Next could be the film of the summer, and hopefully movie of the year; and judging by this trailer I wouldn't doubt it. August 28th needs to Hurry!

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't be more against the new Carrie movie - the casting of Moretz is a joke and the original is a masterpiece. Hopefully Julianne Moore will at least make it watchable.

    The Conjuring is the best horror movie I've seen in years, hope you'll like this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah fair enough I can see your point. I Like Mortez, I think she is really talented so i'm interested to see what she has to bring to the table. Julianne Moor is brilliant and her movies are normally very good so hopefully it will be good (didn't really like the original). Seeing it on Friday, can't wait for a good scare! Thanks for letting me know!!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...