28 Jan 2014

American Horror Story: Coven Episode 3.12 "Go To Hell" Review

The Seven Wonders will Determined the Next Supreme

Cordelia's latest vision puts the Coven's future in question. With the end of Fiona's reign approaching, the girls manifest powerful new gifts. Queenie's search for Marie Laveau leads her to Hell and back.

Coven has gone a little off the rails, and when I say little I mean a lot. So I apologies for my late reviews on the episodes, as by this stage you should be surprised I'm even watching then never mind reviewing them as now the Season has become quite unfavourable for me. It's still a good show regardless but it has just taken too may wrong turns for me to withstand this interest I have for it. But anyways, Episode 12 'Go To Hell' was pretty average for a penultimate episode, considering that its job is to set up the Season Finale perfectly which this episode clearly failed to do.  But, when you have a kick ass bitch fight and a few surprising deaths it's hard to go wrong.

Since the break for Christmas and even a little before, the show had seemed to have lost its mojo which becomes very obvious as now they are just looking for fillers just to make the whole "Who the next supreme is" plot fit for the season finale, when realistically, that and the season should have been over and done with a few episodes back. Maybe I get so annoyed because the whole voodoo and white witch joining forces idea seemed so great until it was presented pretty poorly on screen, and we never really got the battle the show truly deserved, aside from a hilariously entertaining fight between Misty and Madison which got be all hyped up for something special which didn't happen.

I'm sure it's obvious to you all that I have lost my enthusiasm for the show, and personally I can't see the Season Finale doing any justice for me, as this one barely even passed the mark. Maybe I am being too picky and too cynical, but it's how I feel and one more episode isn't going to change that. Besides, they have already killed off their big names so all that's left is the characters we remotely cared for.

VERDICT: For a penultimate episode is is good for its standard, but it not this episode or the Season Finale can save the show from what it has already become, and that is cliched and predictable. In saying that, there was some fun with this one though.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...