31 Aug 2014

Flick Chicks Blogathon: Guilty Pleasure Movies


Thanks to Rambling Films I was able to see this fun little blogathon from the wonderful blog of Flick Chicks, and I am both glad to have discovered the blogathon and the sassy blog itself. So, as expected i will be listing 10 of my recent guilty pleasures from the horror genre. Enjoy!

Here are the rules...

1 - You can choose and discuss as many or as few movies as you like. We both did a Top 10, but you can just choose 1 movie if you like. Just tell us a bit about the movie and why you like it so much.

2 - Please create a new post for our Blogathon, rather than linking an old post you may have already done.

3 - Please include our Blogathon Banner anywhere in your post

4 - The deadline for entries is Sunday, 31st August, so there's plenty of time!



Piranha 3DD (2012)
'So Bad it's Good' wouldn't be the correct term to describe the terrible yet hugely enjoyable Piranha 3DD thats title basically explains everything. I feel as if it isn't appreciated as much as it should be, and that viewers are taking it way too serious for their own good; it's called 3DD for god sakes how could anyone not like it! I am fully aware that it sucks big time, but I can't help but grin from ear to ear when its on, simply because it is so damn hilarious, intentional or not. Gary Busey; GOOD! David Hasselhoff; GOOD! A scene in which a baby piranha comes out of a girls vagina and bites off the head of her boyfriends penis; GREAT!!!!



Texas Chainsaw 3D (2013)
I'm going to come out any say it; I like this movie okay! I am fully aware of just how unbelievably dumb it is, and how cliche the whole film is, but I found it to be really fun and a good old 80's slasher throwback that did not deserve the hate it got. I like that it tried something different for the Leatherface character, and I like that none of it makes any sense! Sue me! The guilt however comes when your ashamed to rate it a 6 out of 10 when it gets horrible reviews on Letterboxd and an awful 19% on Rotten Tomatoes...



Friday The 13th (2009)
It is against everything we believe in a horror community to like a remake, but to then think it's better than the original like I do with this compared to the 1980's version is almost movie fan suicide. The truth is out, I like 2009's Friday The 13th of the 1980's version; I don't know why and I hate for thinking so but I just found this one to be more enjoyable. I know this is a shit film, but I don't exactly think the original should be deemed a "classic" either. The body count is bigger, the killings are better, and Jason is scarier (even though he wasn't in the first, duh.), not to mention he can be, at times a little bit more intelligent.



I Still Know What You Did Last Summer (1998)
This one is a guilty pleasure that I embrace, and I would shout from the rooftops just how much I enjoy this utterly terrible sequel that cares more about its female victims prancing around in bra's than it does about logic. Is it better than the first? In every sense. Why? because it is so deliciously camp that it's enjoyable, and you cannot deny that I Still Know has a few interesting moments. It reeks of everything that was wrong with 80's slashers, but it's charm comes from being super cheesy, super embarrassing and super fun. A lot of people despise it; I however, bloody love it!



House of Wax (2004)
Come for the premise, stay for Paris Hilton's demise; House of Wax is a trashy teen slasher thats derivative display spoils its cool plot, but that's the catch! It's so dull, the experience itself, but you can't help but admire everything it has to offer, and behind the bad CGI, turd acting and laughable dialogue, there is something here to enjoy, and I'm not just talking about watching Paris Hilton die in the most gruesome and satisfying of manners. I will tell person after person how much I dislike House of Wax, but when I see it on TV I instantly put it on, so what does that tell you? I don't appreciate it as much as the others, but it's a guilt of mine to enjoy it nonetheless.

4 comments:

  1. Sassy, I love it! Firstly, hi! And secondly, thanks so much for taking part! Love your list and the horror theme :)
    - Allie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no problem Allie thanks for the blogathon!! :)

      Delete
  2. Love these picks. While I don't think the F13 remake is better than the original, but I did enjoy it. I also think House of Wax is way underrated. The only one I disagree on is Piranha 3DD. Honestly, I thought it was the.movie that took itself too seriously, not me the viewer. It kept trying to give me plot where I didn't want it. I thought its predecessor perfectly did what the sequel was trying to do. Great list. Glad to have found this place through a great Blogathon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah good points there; personally, I don't think Piranha 3DD took itself very serious ALTHOUGH it could have loosened up and provided us with a more fin approach every now and again. Piranha 3D is like the perfect B-Movie gore flick and thats why I loved it! House of Wax is underrated indeed, and although it can be bland it also has a few great moments!

      Thanks for the comments Wendell appreciate it! :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...